Are you a self-employed counsellor looking for room space in central Edinburgh?
- comfortable, well-appointed rooms in an attractive and welcoming building in William Street
- competitive room rental rates (£8 per hour for regular bookings)
- financial support for offering reduced-fee counselling
- a waiting list and referrals system for new clients
- a funded supervision group
- a well-established group of autonomous practitioners who support each other in a collegial spirit.
Our timetable has some spaces on weekday evenings, weekends and Thursday and Friday afternoons for regular bookings.
we are looking for counsellors who…
- are self-employed
- are fully qualified and registered with a professional body
- would like to take a substantial number of hours (minimum 8) including some evening or weekend times on a regular basis*
- connect with the social aims of The Next Chapter.
*We may also be able to accommodate you if you run a flexible appointment system.
We encourage enquiries from practitioners who can expand and diversify what we offer to clients. For example, perhaps you have a training specialism or use a different therapy modality from our current practitioners? Or maybe you have an identity or lived experience that clients may seek as a point of connection?
The Next Chapter is a not-for-profit social enterprise for mental health and wellbeing.
If you bring your counselling practice here, we will ask you to offer reduced-fee spaces for a proportion of your case load. Our funding scheme helps offset this.
We invite all our practitioners to contribute to our planning and impact assessment. Also, if you have ideas and proposals: great! We are interested and can offer support.
coaches and bodywork therapists
Please do also get in touch if you are a coach or bodywork practitioner. We give the bulk of regular bookings to counsellors because there is such a big demand for reduced-fee counselling. However, we can offer a flexible option or smaller number of hours to other health and wellbeing practitioners. Our bodywork therapy room has spaces available across the week.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!